Some people say Ehrenfeld is the coolest part of Cologne. Others rate the Südstadt. I’m with the Belgisches Viertel. But don’t take my word for it, find out for yourself at Le Tour Belgique.
On Saturday October 15, you can enjoy shopping, exhibitions, concerts and more at “Le Tour Belgique” – a kind of open day for the bars and boutiques in and around the trendy Belgisches Viertel. As well as longer opening hours there are also concerts, exhibitions and performances taking place throughout the day and well into the night.
Here are just some of the highlights:
- At Temporary Todd (Brussels Straße 72) the Cologne label ‘Pusher Tony’ will be showcasing their Fall collection.
- In Seventh Heaven (Brussels Straße 67) Marimekko fans can find the Finnish designs on all kinds of products and accessories.
- In Frieda Bar (Antwerp Straße 53) the Cologne band Plain Ride will be rocking the stage.
- In Gewölbe (Hans-Böckler-Platz 2) British Club duo Dusky will get you in the mood to dance.
- The official “after-tour party” begins at 11pm in the Reineke Fuchs (Aachener Str. 50).
- Enjoy a good laugh at the WirtzHauser Comedy-hotspot (Roonstraße 78) where newcomers will be trying out their latest material.
- Last but by no means least, the British duo behind The Zhivago Manual of Style will be doing their thing at Gottes Grüne Wiese (Bismarckstraße 53) at 8pm and are worth seeing as much for their charming between songs banter as for their quirky clever tunes and randomly generated noisescapes.
And there’s even more fun to be had out on the streets. Artists and designers will be showing off their wears and displaying their talents all along the streets of the fashionable viertel. For the full program click here: http://www.le-tour-belgique.de/timetable.html
Watch this video about last year’s event to get you in the mood (and practise your German…)..